Officially Reunited in Auburn

Mar 27, 2012

Visiting Elizabeth in Auburn for her birthday weekend made for one of the most memorable trips of my life.
We spent 99% of the time laughing, and the other 1% was spent eating and touring the fantastic city of Auburn.
Sorry Louisiana Tech, I know I talked you up the other day but Auburn > LaTech.

Highlights:
Nothin says "Welcome to Alabama" like finding a tick on your butt two hours after jumping out of the car to take a darn picture with the Alabama sign.

Finally reunited!

Nothin like a king cake birthday cake straight from Nola.




Auburn grad school friends

College.


Saturday morning: grand tour of Auburn by the greatest tour guides ever


Pipes gave us a fantastic Toomer's corner lecture about the silly ol trees.

Followed by some Toomer's fresh squeezed lemonade, which just so happens to be on the list of the top 10 most American things to do.


Followed by a heavenly meal at Momma G's.

Birthday dinner!




$2.95 birthday combo, comes with a disgusting dessert, Japanese song, and a picture (minus the song and the picture)


So bossy. So confused.

Instaweekend:

1. The greatest couple in America
2. Tales of the Toomer's trees
3. Toomer's famous lemonade
4. So American
5. Birthday girl
6. New best friends share drinks
7. Supper club happened (also on the top 10 most American things to do list)
8. Affliction overload. Gross.
9. My favorite people in the universe

Followed by a gorgeous drive home . . . 

I don't think I've laughed more in my entire life combined than I did this weekend.
I am 100% confident that these two girls are hands down the funniest people I know.
I couldn't be more blessed to have them in my life, and I look forward to our future adventures together! 

6 comments:

lori said...

great pictures!! i absolutely adore your green dress! where is that little baby from?

Liz said...

Best birthday ever! There are no words to describe how grateful I am to both of you for making the 8/10 hour drive to celebrate with me. You made it such a special weekend, and I couldn't have asked for a better time. I love you so much! Can't wait for our wedding weekend reunion!

Rebecca said...

King Cake is so delicious! I had some for the first time this year when I went to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Looks like you had a fabulous weekend with the girls!

indie by heart said...

Great photos. The one from toilet is just hilarious ! <3 Lovely post.


Satu
- Indie by Heart

I am Megan said...

WOW! Your friend is gorgeous! Happy 24th birthday to her.

And I am just going to throw this in there, although the spelling is not the same, it sound phonetically the same...my captcha word was filatio.

Kasey Lynne said...

Ummm I would like those nachos AND a HUGE glass of that lemonade on my desk right now!!! YUM!

Glad you had a fun weekend with friends girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...